Shenango Township, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania
The Township of Shenango is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination in employment and opportunity because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status, gender, sexual orientation, or age. The Township has issued the following policy stating the Township of Shenango’s views in this matter:
It is the policy of the Township of Shenango to:
- Strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status, gender, sexual orientation, or age;
- Make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.
- Achieve understanding and acceptance of Township of Warwick’s policy of Non-Discrimination by all employees and by the communities in which the organization operates;
- Thoroughly investigate instances of alleged discrimination and take corrective action if warranted;
- Be continually alert to identify and correct any practices by individuals that are at variance with the intent of the Non-Discrimination Policy.
At this time, the Township of Shenango would like to reaffirm this policy and call upon all personnel to effectively pursue the policy as stated.